2 ETHICS AND 2 CLINICAL CEUs
(these CEUs are for NJ social workers, and are not valid in NY state)
Educational Objectives: This course will be in 2 sessions.
The morning will be about Transforming End of Life Care/POLST/Advance Directives presented by Dr. Barile
1. Identify barriers to good decision making in End of Life care
2. Understand how to utilize the NJ POLST form in End of Life care
3. Identify patients appropriate for the NJ POLST
4. Value and distinction between an Advance Directive and a POLST order and how they interrelate
The afternoon will provide an overview of Palliative Care and clinical issues for social workers presented by Ms. DePiano
- Define Palliative Care and who is appropriate
- Explore the role of the social worker on the palliative care team
- Identify how social workers can take the lead in advance care planning discussions
- Explore clinical social work issues in palliative care
David Barile, MD, CEO and Medical Director, New Jersey Goals of Care
Stephanie DePiano, LCSW, ACHP-SW, Social Work Supervisor, Meridian Care Journey
COST (includes continental breakfast & light lunch):
Member- $75 (must be member of NJAHCSW-Health Care Social Workers)
To Register by Credit Card: click on 'Register' above
To Register by Check/PO (call first to see if space is still available): download printable registration form HERE
All refund requests must be submitted by clicking HERE: https://naswnj.site-ym.com/?RefundRequest.
NO refund requests will be received by email or phone. Valid requests must be received within five days of course end date. All refunds are subject to a $15.00 processing fee. Credit will not be issued toward a future program date. Refunds will be made in the same form the payments were received. If payment was made by check, refund will be issued via check; if payment was made by credit card, refund will be issued to the credit card on file. Your refund will arrive by check or back to your card within 3-4 weeks.